According to TheBestSchools.org, both Bentonville High School (#76) and Rogers High School (#82) rank in the 100 Best Public High Schools in the United States.
According to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the United States has more than 24,000 public secondary schools. TheBestSchools.org narrowed that list down by focusing on schools in larger towns that offered a traditional high school experience and atmosphere. From there they took account of the following factors to arrive at the Top 100:
- The strength of high school curriculum
- School Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) participation rate
- When applicable, percent of students AP tested and passed and percent IB tested and passed
- Reading and math results on each state’s proficiency tests
- SAT/ACT scores
- Student graduation rate
- Performance of disadvantaged students
- Student-teacher ratio
- Student reviews (from notable sources)
- Percentage of college bound students
- Facilities,clubs and activities
Both the Tigers and the Mounties made the cut! Read each entry below.
DYK that according to the US News & World Report list of Best High Schools, six of the top 10 high schools in Arkansas are located in the region? Among them, Haas Hall Academy, a Northwest Arkansas-based public charter school, ranks #1 in the state and top 50 in the US.