Sunset Kayak Tour at Hobbs State Park
Wednesday, June 12th | 7pm-10pm
Spend an evening on Beaver Lake while paddling your own kayak guided by a park interpreter. You will learn the basics of paddling as you all explore a calm area of Beaver Lake and take in the setting sun. Recreational kayaks, paddles and life jackets will be provided. Space is limited. Bring a bottle of water, bug spray, flashlight and dress for the weather.
Cost: $25 Adults, $12 children (9-12). Registration and pre-payment required. Call 479-789-5000 for more information and to register.
Northwest Arkansas Land Trust Paddle Party 2019
Saturday, June 15th | 2pm-8pm
Paddle and party for a great cause. Gather your family and friends and enjoy a beautiful day on the Illinois River with the Northwest Arkansas Land Trust and Gypsy Camp & Canoe.
Choose your boat and let their team do the rest – your ticket includes:
- The boat of your choice (single kayak, tandem kayak, canoe or guided raft)
- Life jackets + paddles
- Shuttle to the launch site
- A leisurely 4.5 mile float along the Illinois River
- River snacks
- BBQ Dinner + Beverages (craft beer for 21+)
- After party with live entertainment, games & more!
- Kids under 12 float free with an adult ticket.
For an even more memorable experience, you can hop on board one of their expert guided small group rafts with the opportunity to learn first hand about the plants and animals that live along the Illinois River.
Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit the NW Arkansas Land Trust Land for Life campaign to save 5,000 acres of natural lands in the region by 2021.
Event sponsored by Gypsy Camp & Canoe, Illinois River Watershed Partnership, and Fayettechill
Ticket prices vary by vessel
Day Float on the Illinois with Ozark Adventure & Recreation
Saturday, June 15th | 3pm-9pm
OAR will supply all the gear you need including shuttles, food, drinks and guides so you can focus on having fun. All you have to do is sign up.
Enjoy a beautiful and peaceful 8 mile float on the Illinois River. Experience bluffs, cool water, and deeps pools. Finish the float with a ride through the Siloam Springs Kayak Park rapids.
- Great for all skill levels.
- Children 8 and up are allowed to use single kayak.
- Children 5-7 must be in a tandem kayak with an adult. Call 479-431-0444 to reserve a tandem kayak.
- Pickup is at 3:00PM at the Har-Ber High School parking lot in Springdale ( 300 Jones Rd, Springdale, AR 72762)
Ticket prices vary by vessel
Lewis & Clark Kayak Demo Day at Lake Fayetteville
Saturday, June 15th | 9am-12pm
Kayak demo day is happening folks! Lewis and Clark Outfitters will be setting up shop at Lake Fayetteville by the marina parking area, 9am – 12pm. Feel free to stop by at any point during that time period, no reservation time required. Everyone will get a chance to demo a kayak for 15-20 minutes. They will supply life jackets and paddles, but feel free to bring your own.
Featured photo by @ryanriley on Instagram
Waterfall Hike + Swim with Ozark Adventure & Recreation
Saturday, June 22nd | 10am-3pm
Hike, explore, swim and have fun!
Join OAR for a day at Kings River Falls! OAR will drive an hour out of Fayetteville and partake in a two mile round trip hike that is perfect for folks of all ages! Hike and explore a mile downstream to view the beautiful falls and after that cool off by taking a dip in the pools below the falls! Enjoy snacks and drinks provided by OAR.
- Waterfall Hike + Swim is for people 5 and up.
- Bring swimsuit and towel.
- Pickup will be at 10:00am at Fayetteville High School (994 M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Fayetteville AR 72701)
$30 per adult, $25 per child